Thursday, May 24, 2007

That's why they call it the 'web'

Remember when you were first introduced to the internet? Specifically the world wide web?

For me it was back in the very early 90's; I was doing research for my company and one of the academic types suggested a new tool. WOW. Even at that time, I was amazed at the concept. I gorged my curiosity navigating from one linked site to another.



Why am I bringing this up? Because this week there were a number of neat sites that I either haven't been to, or haven't been to in a while; and this week's assignments brought me back to a couple sites like deli.cio.us. If you're like me, you can wander from the links there all day.



I'd seen libraryelf before, but with the options that ocls.info offers, I don't see the need, and as a 'middleman' site, it opens the possibilities for errors.



I particularly like www.whatshouldireadnext.com; I am often asked by customers what I can recommend for them (using their current reading lists). Will definitely help me -- and them.



A. Calabrese

No comments: